Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #15

Thirteen Reasons there will be
no Thursday Thirteen today....


1. I have about fifty presents to wrap (or so it seems)

2. I am having a cookie-decorating party this afternoon with my children and their friends (Akk!) Ten children. Hundreds of cookies. Icing in all colors of the rainbow. Sprinkles of all shapes and sizes. (do you hear me screaming?)

3. I still have one more (no, two) (no, make that three) gifts to buy

4. I have to make something to eat to take to a party tonight

5. I have to send out Christmas cards

6. But before I do that, I have to buy them

7. And before I do that, I have to write the obligatory family newletter (obligatory this year because I have to remind people about my book coming out January 2)

8. I have to make breakfast for the kids (who are just now waking up, yay, which meant I got to sleep in today, yay!, which is why this post is late)

9. I have to go to the grocery store to buy whatever it is I decide to make for Christmas Eve dinner

10. I have to write a few checks that need to go in the mail before the end of the year

11. Going to the bank is a good idea today too

12. I have to make sauerbraten for Christmas, which means I have to make the marinade today so the meat can "sauer"

13. I actually have to figure out what we're going to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (I will probably do this before I do #9...but not guaranteed.)

....so that is why there will be no Thursday Thirteen today!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky soliloquized...

YIKES!!! I am tired just thinking of all that - decorating party with kids and cookies and the subsequent sugar rush......crazy!

Merry Christmas

Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

You sound as stressed and panicked as I do!!

Merry Christmas, Colleen!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger May soliloquized...

lolol!

Poor Colleen. Here, have some whiskey. Now you've forgotten all your troubles and all is well in the world. ;)

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Happy Holidays! :)

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Not too busy, are you? ;-)

My cousin (dackelprincess.com) makes a wicked sauerbrauten!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

You haven't sent out Christmas cards?!?!?!? :) Looks like you are very, very busy!!!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger K T Cat soliloquized...

It helps not having bought the presents yet to wrap!

Er, maybe it doesn't. :-)

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Whiskey? Sounds great, thanks May.

I feel better already! Think the kids' parents will notice my red nose and glassy eyes when they pick them up today?

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger The Cosmic Kid soliloquized...

Yikes! Good luck with that list. I have to do a few of those today also, but just add leave for Florida @ 9pm to the list, so I've got a pretty tight deadline.

Good luck with your day!!! Merry Christmas!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle soliloquized...

Okay, you wore me out...poor thing!
Christmas is sooo busy...but don't worry, it's almost over!

Happy TT and Merry Christmas!

I’m up!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

I luve luve luve Sauerbraten!

I should not be sitting here right now actually either.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Zeus soliloquized...

Wow! And here I thought I had it bad when I was compiling my To-Do List this morning...nope, I don't come close. I hope you get everything done in time for your holiday celebrating! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Angela/SciFiChick soliloquized...

Wow, sounds like someone needs a spa day for Christmas!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lara Adrian soliloquized...

Colleen, I hope you're not serious about all of these To-Do's! My ulcer flared up just reading them!

Good luck!!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:55:00 PM  
Blogger Booklogged soliloquized...

Too bad you didn't have time for TT this week, but this was an enjoyable post, too. At least for me. It sounds like a busy, busy, busy day for you.

I hope you've visited my blog this week. You will have noticed that I received your book. Thank-you so much, Colleen. You are terrific.

Merry Christmas!

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

Merry Christmas Colleen! I hope you and yours have a wonderful day!

Monday, December 25, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Merry Christmas Colleen! May the new year bring you many book sales!

Monday, December 25, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mailyn soliloquized...

Just stopped by to wish you Happy Holidays!!!!!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?