Friday, December 15, 2006

The Dragon or the Pig?

Well, here we are. Big kids movie opening weekend, and I've only got time to take my lovelies to one of them.

So which one will it be?

Eragon is being slammed by reviewers and readers of the book. They say it's nothing like the book, it's a joke, but that it's good for elementary-school age children. (Of which I have three.) My son cannot wait to see it, so he'll be vehemently lobbying for that choice. And since it's only rated PG, my five year old can see it without me worrying that she'll be frightened. My ten year old daughter would probably rather see Eragon too.

And then there's Charlotte's Web, which my five year old can't wait to see. We have the original version with Paul Lynde as Templeton (my favorite character), and we all love to see that. It's getting better reviews than Eragon (but what does that really mean anyway?)...but my son will be really disappointed if we don't see Eragon.

So what about you? What are you going to see this weekend? Or are you going to be shopping???

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I vote for Charlotte's Web ...

Friday, December 15, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I'm going to be doing nothing this weekend but lying on my lazy bum; an activity which I'm particularly good at. :-P

I would like to go see Eragon though. Hmm, that's a shame it's not getting good reviews, but then, a lot of movies I really like didn't get favorable reviews either, and vice versa. I'd probably go see Eragon. Lol

Friday, December 15, 2006 3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I would LOVE to see Charlotte's Web, but that spider is just too realistic and totally creeps me out! I had to close my eyes thru the preview!!!

I loved Paul Lynde as Templeton, too :-)

Friday, December 15, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Marg soliloquized...

I'll be shopping, but I am thinking about taking my son to see Happy Feet this weekend!

Friday, December 15, 2006 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

We're going to see Eragon in the morning with friends. I haven't read the books so thankfully my opinon of the film won't be swayed by that. I am already going in suspicious because of the length...seems to short to me. Oh well, won't judge it until I see it.

Definitely want to see Charlotte's Web. May be our Christmas day movie.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Scribbit soliloquized...

I just got back from Eragon an hour ago and my son (a fan of the books) gave it an A-, docking points for the inevitable loss of "key plot issues." I thought it was passable, a little familiar in terms of plot (think Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings, or any other fantasty, only with worse costuming). But not a bad movie. A C for me.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger The Cosmic Kid soliloquized...

I saw Apacalypto tonight. It was awesome! I was seriously on the edge of my seat through it.

My vote for the two choices listed would be Charlotte's Web, though both aren't promising to me.

NPR's This American Life broadcast the real story that the movie Unacompanied Minors is based off, and it was a great story...unfortunately the movie version looks bad.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:40:00 AM  
Blogger Marianne Arkins soliloquized...

I'm planning on seeing both sometime in the very near future. My DD spooks easily, so no Eragon for her, but she'll love Charlotte's Web - except she's a water faucet like her mama during sad scenes (I always cry when Charlotte dies and I've seen the original movie fifty times). Good luck with your choices!

Saturday, December 16, 2006 5:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kat soliloquized...

I'm going to see Eragon tonight. I really hope it's good, if not at least i'll have a night out with the hubby.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

My wallet is still in pain from the shopping weekend, but since Charlotte's Web is a remake, I would have went with Eragon

Monday, December 18, 2006 4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?