Thursday, December 28, 2006

Another Missed Thursday Thirteen...

Argh. Forgot it was Thursday until I saw Jaci's post. But I have an excuse--I've been technologically hampered and a bit discombobulated. (See previous post about the Blue Screen.)

However, to make up for my deficit, I'm going to be giving away a prize today. Yes! A prize.

First, though, picture this: Survivor meets LOST.

Then add in some really titillating, hot sex.

And a guy to die for.

Oh, and a few demons!

And what do you get? The sizzling mass market debut of Jaci Burton...which is my prize to one person who comments today and tells me...which show do you prefer: LOST or Survivor?

Jaci's Surviving Demon Island is a fast-paced, sexy adventure with a great cast of characters. I was trying to read it (by "trying" I mean that I wanted to be reading it, but was supposed to be doing other things like writing my own book...and I kept using it as a carrot dangling on the end of a stick for myself if I got enough done!) in early December, and it took me far longer than I'd hoped or planned.

Publishers Weekly says, "Realistic dialogue, spicy bedroom scenes and a spitfire heroine make this one to pick up and savor."

And I couldn't agree more! So, now that I've finished and enjoyed this book, I want to give away a brand new copy, signed by Jaci.

So, tell me which show you prefer (or neither as the case may be) and I'll draw a name after midnight tonight for the winner!

P.S. In case you were wondering( and I know you were!), I'm typing this on my new iMac. I'm still getting used to it, but so far so good!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger May soliloquized...

Um, I've never watched Survivor or Lost, can I still enter?

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I watch both. I prefer LOST because you never know what will happen and you get back stories on the characters. J (Coll, you know who I am)

Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Angela/SciFiChick soliloquized...

Lost definitely. It's ground-breaking with excellent writers. The character development is a feat in itself, with the great number of them. The backstories are not only interesting, but add to the story as well. The acting is amazing and well-cast. And every week people keep watching, even though we keep getting more questions as more answers are revealed.

...oh, and glad you got the Mac! ;)

Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

LOST! I enjoy feasting my eyes on Sawyer ;-)

Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Annie soliloquized...

Congrats on the new iMac!! What fun to play with your new toy!

As for me, I love "Lost" more. I love stories with multiple characters with rich backgrounds and interweaving story arcs/plotlines. That and Sawyer is hawt!

While I really enjoyed this past season of "Survivor", it still can't compare to "Lost"!

Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

Mac's are great, I kinda really want one, but im so entrenched in Dell right now.

A contest?? whichever :)

Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

Yea, duh, Lost over Survivor, at least the People on Lost are acting bad

Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Absolutely Lost! You never know what will happen and every thursday it is Lost night....

Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Liz soliloquized...

I prefer SurvivorI've only ever seen part of 1 episode of Lost so I can't get into it

Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown soliloquized...

I've never really followed either of them.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown soliloquized...

Survivor, definitely Survivor. I haven't watched Lost yet.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy~ soliloquized...

I don't watch either one, but I think I'd prefer "Lost". At least with that show they don't pretend it's reality t.v. or that this is a study of the human condition LOL. To me, "Survivor" is contrived and fake, moreso than a t.v. drama.

Hey, cool that the iMac is working out so well for you. I'll keep it in mind when it's time for a new computer.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Thank you SO much, Colleen! I'm so glad you enjoyed SDI. And thanks for holding a contest!!!

Congrats on the iMac! I want one

:-)

Smooches!

Friday, December 29, 2006 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB soliloquized...

I would have to say Survivor since I have never watched Lost.

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger scooper soliloquized...

I'd def. say Lost. Survivor gets on my nerves. I hate seeing that people really will do anything for money. I know that it's true but dang I don't want to watch it.

Friday, December 29, 2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen soliloquized...

I pick Lost.

Friday, December 29, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy M soliloquized...

I enjoy watching Lost, but only on Tivo, can't stand all the commercials interrupting.

Friday, December 29, 2006 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Lis soliloquized...

I only got into LOST this season thanks to my dad. But I think so far, I'd have to go with survivor esp. season #2 :)

Sunday, December 31, 2006 2:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?