Friday, November 10, 2006

Retreating

No, this is not a comment related to the political landscape here in the US in any way.

It's what I'm going to be doing this weekend: retreating with three of my best writing buddies. We four gals are getting together for a girls' weekend/writers' retreat.

We'll eat out, watch movies, talk plot and market, and usually we come up with at least one--if not more--plots involving any cute (male) waiter we might have during our time together.

(Side note: why don't they have a place like Hooters--but for women?)

We might even get some writing done. But even if we don't, we'll talk craft, we'll take a field trip to a bookstore and check out covers, placement, publishers, new releases, etc., to see what's out there--and where. What trends are happening in cover art, which new and up and coming authors are getting front-of-store or endcap placement.

We'll rehash our favorite books, our latest reads, and what's working and what's not. There might be a trip to the spa in there somewhere, purely to clear our minds and relax our thoughts so we can get more work done, of course.

We might even talk about who's hot in Hollywood nowadays (I heard that Gerard Butler is involved in a strip tease in his latest movie...I am so waiting for that one!), although some of us share differing opinions on Tom Cruise's sanity/heterosexuality and the legitimacy of Brangelina, so we might have to avoid some of those topics.

(Discussing these topics is almost as much of a minefield as talking politics nowadays!)

Anyway, that should be the weekend.

Oh, I forgot...we'll probably have a few margaritas (Holli & Kelly), martinis (peach, me), Corona (Tammy). Just a few.

Honest.

So, what would you do if you got to go away for the weekend with your best buddies?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend planned. It's always great to get away with "the girls"!

Friday, November 10, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Just about what you do, minus the marketing and plot discussions :-)

Have a GREAT time! Hey...if you ever need any photo art...

Friday, November 10, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Rayne Forrest soliloquized...

A lot of us are waiting to see Gerry Butler doing a striptease! LOL!!

I hope your retreat is both fun and productive.

Friday, November 10, 2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

heh they do here, its called The Cave. Hope your creative juices get flowing

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Angela/SciFiChick soliloquized...

i don't know, but i NEED a girl's getaway!

Friday, November 10, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

(sigh) If I could get away with my best buddies, I'd be with YOU GUYS! Why do yall have to live so far north??????

Friday, November 10, 2006 7:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Hope you have a blast, Colleen! Sounds like so much fun. Come back with lots of juicy stories for next week's blog posts!

Friday, November 10, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kat soliloquized...

Have a great time! I would love to get all my gals together for a girls night to bad my 3 best buds each live in diffent states. Maybe this summer I'll have a girls weekend getaway.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Diane Gaston soliloquized...

Hey Colleen! I have a "google alert" for Gerard Butler and you popped up. You and Gerry!

Have a great weekend. One of the things I like to do best with girlfriends is talk, talk, talk!

Cheers!

Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

That sounds like a perfect weekend! I hope you had a blast.

Monday, November 13, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger laCindy soliloquized...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger laCindy soliloquized...

Colleen, sounds like you gals had a blast. I get together with some of my girl-friends (we all graduated from high school together) once a month for dinner and talking. We rotate hosting duties, provide a theme, eat lots of food and dessert, and talk the night away. My turn was a few months ago and I did a "Phantom of the Opera" party...so you can probably guess how I stumbled onto your blog. :)

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?