Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chocolate is the new black.

I went shopping yesterday (trying to find something to wear with my new shoes for the cocktail party I'm attending on Friday), and everywhere, everything that's fashionable was chocolate brown.

(Obviously my website and blog fit in perfectly, no?)

Smooth, rich chocolate brown--from sienna to cappuccino to dark chocolate to bronze. I love it all.

It's a great color for me personally, and a girl can only have so much black without getting too gothy. I like black, but I love this chocolate color.

I was talking to the saleswoman at Parisian (where I found the perfect dress to go with my shoes. Guess what color it is.) and she told me, when I commented, that yes, it's going to be here for awhile.

I'm delighted. It's a lot better than that neon green or mustard that was popular a few years ago (I couldn't wear it), and although I like pink (which is now being shown with the chocolates), it's not my best color.

And...*drum roll* my Gardella Vampire Chronicles promotional t-shirts are none other than chocolate brown with hot pink printing on them. Can you say stylin'?

As soon as I get them in my hot little hands, I'll post a pic. If not, those of you at RWA will get a sneak peek, 'cause I'll be wearing them all over. I'll be the one in the tee that says "Born Venator" on the front.

And what, you ask, is a Venator? Well, to quote my dear friend Diana, "You'll have to read the book to find out. "

Or....buy me a drink in Atlanta. A cosmo or two is bound to loosen my tongue, right, Diana?

10 Comments:

Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

My natural hair color teeters between dark brown and light black. Minus the gray. I have to color it black, because no matter how hard I try, I can not achieve the beautiful brown you speak of.

Sigh.

And your promotional shirts sound gorgeous! Can't wait to see a pic.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund soliloquized...

I love chocolate.

And yes, a few drinks do indeed loosen your...tongue. ;-)

Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Marley Gibson soliloquized...

I'll swap you a "Sorority Rush Begins!" shirt for one of yours...eh? ::BG::

Saturday, July 22, 2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Bwahahahaaaa Diana! You know me so well.

Heather, my natural color is a dark reddish brown, but I have so much grey in the front, I have to color it. Ugh.

My stylist does the coloring. It's really very simple: it's called Cherry Cola.

Marley...let's talk, chica.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight soliloquized...

With the color of my skin? Nah... I can't pull the chocolate color in my clothes. *lol*

Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

If there were a hair color called Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, I'd use it.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jaye Wells soliloquized...

I love chocolate in any form--food, color, etc. Those tshirts sounds pretty. I love that color combo. I also think chocolate and robin's egg blue is stunning.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Ooh, I like the chocolate and robin's egg. Hmmm...maybe for the second round of t-shirts...

Sunday, July 23, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole soliloquized...

I love chocolate brown. And chocolate. :-)

Hmmm....so they're Roman vampires?

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Nicole, you sly fox you...actually the vamps aren't Roman, nor are the vampire slayers...per se.

But they are from a very very old family that perchance might have its roots in an area where Latin is spoken... ;-)

Monday, July 24, 2006 4:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?