Monday, January 02, 2006

Inquiring Minds

were wondering about Angkor Wat (yes, misspelled in my previous entry). In college, I took several classes on Asian art and architecture (particularly architecture), hence my fascination with Buddhist and Hindu temples and tombs.

Angkor Wat is a Hindu temple in Cambodia (now Myanmar) and here is a picture of it (courtesy of my brother Tim, who actually visited the place a year ago):












Here is an inner hallway:














And one of the towers:





















(Can you tell I'm jealous? But isn't my brother a great photographer?)

And just for kicks, here's a picture of what has been called the most perfect piece of architecture ever built: The Taj Mahal, a tomb designed and built for Shah Jahan of India's beloved wife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jill Monroe soliloquized...

Wow, that IS stunning.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?