Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Pen!

About three years ago, four other aspiring writers and myself formed a small writing community around a specific Harlequin/Silhouette action adventure line that was just starting up. We all wanted to be Bombshellers.

Well, three years later, four of the five of us are contracted for publication (three of us within the last six months!) and the fifth isn't only because she hasn't finished anything and sent it out. (So we're waiting for her good news too.) And, by the way, none of us sold to that action-adventure line. Go figure!

Anyway, when the first of us sold, we all got together and bought her a custom pen. And that's become the tradition ever since.

My pen arrived yesterday, and somehow, Jana, who is the instigator, managed to find one that perfectly matches my hair! So here it is...the pen I will sign my contract with, and will take to my first booksigning (and every one thereafter)...my lucky pen...and me, with the matching hair!














Here's Diana, with her pen, actually signing her contract. (Wendy never posted a pic, and Elly's busy working on her current manuscript.)

Thanks girls! You've made the journey so much easier!

5 Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick soliloquized...

What a great idea!!!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Elly soliloquized...

Yay! The beautiful pen! You're right, it does match your hair. :)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

Whoohoo! I love pen time!

C'mon Elly!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy Roberts soliloquized...

Pen time is the best time! It looks great and so do you. Can't wait to see you with your cover :)

Monday, November 21, 2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn soliloquized...

Neat idea. And wow, your hair is lots longer than when I saw you last. And a different color. :)

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?