Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #8


Thirteen Things Cluttering My Desk
While I'm Trying to Write My Next Book

1. Five Empty bottles of Faygo Sparkling Water (grapefruit or orange)
Since I gave up Diet Coke a year ago, I've taken to drinking liter-sized
bottles of
Faygo sparkling water.
No sugar, no calories, just water with a hint of citrus flavor.


2. A stack of scrapbook paper in fall patterns that I will probably never use,
but couldn't pass it up when it was
on clearance at Jo-Ann Etc.


3. A bottle of Vampire wine my friend Binger bought for me
(eek! see the clutter behind it?)

4. A small plastic container of binder clips in hot pink, aqua, tangerine, and white

5. My Gardella "Bible"
A binder that grows by the day, it seems, with all of my
ideas and research. Right now it's open to a page about
the Roman Colosseum in the 19th century.

6. A stake for hunting vampires

7. This absolutely adorable, beautiful wooden bat bead sent to me by my friend Anne Mallory in honor of my vampire books
(who, incidentally, has a brand new book out called
The Earl of My Dreams
....better go check it out if you want
a hot romance in Regency England!)


8. The 1247-page The Count of Monte Cristo book, pages flagged with color-coded tabs for easy reference
(You might recall, I'm writing a follow up to my Phantom erotica by
twisting the Monte Cristo story in a similar fashion)


9. Pens, pens, and more pens

10. My Cell Phone

11. A printed out email from my agent telling me that The Rest Falls Away is going to be published in Italy!

12. My beautiful handmade, mahogany colored wooden pen given to me by my friends Wendy, Diana, and Jana on the occasion of my first book contract
(I use this pen to sign all of my contracts, and will also take it to booksignings)
13. A beautiful envelope opener, complete with lavender flowers in relief, also given to me by a friend in honor of my books
(Esri, the friend who bought it for me, said it reminded her of the vampire-slaying stakes that Victoria uses in The Rest Falls Away)


Don't I have the greatest friends?


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




33 Comments:

Blogger Colleen soliloquized...

You do have some great friends. Those are some cool things. But I will forgive you over the messy desk since you are writing a book, but after its done. CLEAN IT! LOL.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Meira{FB} soliloquized...

Wow, you have some majorily cool stuff on your desk.

Happy TT!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Vampire wine! How cool! And a stake to kill vampires, how sad, what did they ever do to you besides attempt to give you immortality?

Congrats on being published in Italy!!!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Diana Peterfreund soliloquized...

Vampire wine???

Ahh, the pen! The pen! Mine is blonde wood. Curious... I wonder if it's because your book is dark and my book is comedy?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Tug soliloquized...

LOVE the vampire wine!! Awesome, isn't it?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I wouldn't consider that clutter, I'd view it as inspiration!

You do have good friends! :)

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger The Cosmic Kid soliloquized...

Faygo and Wine...an interesting combination. haha!

I have a great time explaining to out of state friends what Faygo is, and why it's amazing. I'll have to try some of that sparkling water you've meantioned though!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Julie in Texas soliloquized...

Congratulations on being published in Italy! That must be quite a thrill.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark soliloquized...

yay for vampires. the world doesn't have nearly enough of them. I only wish they all looked like Richard Roxburgh's character in Van Helsing.

::sigh::

I say you should down the bottle of wine first. That will get rid of one of the things on your desk :)

Happy TT mine are up now.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon soliloquized...

Sounds like you've got a lot of inspiration there!


Have a great Thursday!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Well that's just the coolest stuff evah! (I especially like the the vampire stake and the envelope opener!)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

YOu have some amazing friends! And great desk toys *g*

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Your desk is terribly inviting. Are you getting any writing done at all? ;-)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger CJ soliloquized...

Hey, have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? It's a great way to work on writing skills and just have fun with writing! If you've never heard of it, you may want to check it out! I have slogans posted on my blog, how many can YOU name?

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Ohhh I am so in love with that letter opener. It's so purty!

Nice stake. Just be careful playing with it after you open the wine...

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I like your pen and your letter opener! They're very beautiful!

Congratulations on your book being published in Italy!

Happy Thursday!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I agree with Alyssa! It's not clutter but inspiration. That's some very very cool stuff to have lying on your desk.

Sorry I didn't have my TT up when you peeked over at my LJ. It's up now. Happy Thursday!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Your desk paraphernalia is waaay cooler than mine. My desk is covered in bills, markers, various CDs, craft supplies, and glasses I've forgotten to take to the sink.

I love that letter opener! Oh, and congrats on the rights for your book being sold to Italy.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Ack, I accidentally listed myself twice! I blame NaNo, my brain is already tired. :)

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

You certainly do have the best of friends! What lovely gifts.

I, too, have an explosion of pens on my desk. Who needs 40 pens?! I do, apparently.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Dane Bramage soliloquized...

I thought vampires didn't drink... wine. Darn that Bela. My T13 is up. It is #17 The Book List Edition. Stop by if you get a chance

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Gorgeous.

Your desk looks like mine, especially the mess part. ROFL.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Those binder clips sound fabulous! And I love that you have a contract-signing pen.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

dang what an interesting desk!z

Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

That is some great stuff!!!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

No wonder you can be creative. You have far more interesting stuff on your desk than I do. Somehow The can of compressed air and the beanie moose seem a lot less romantic.

;)

One tin soldier rides away...

Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

My desk has just boring stuff - Gotta love that letter opener.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 6:06:00 PM  
Blogger Lori's Light Extemporanea soliloquized...

Much nicer stuff than is stacked on my untidy desk, for sure!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Blogger bint alshamsa soliloquized...

Can we switch desks? You can have my chocolate-scented stuffed bunny if I can have your bottle of Vampire wine. Feel free to think it over for awhile before you tell me your final decision. ;o)

Take care!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:33:00 PM  
Blogger Zeus soliloquized...

Those are some very unique items. My human pet had a wooden pen at one time made from oak, and upon seeing your's, she wonders where she put it. The letter opener is simply exquisite, and the bottle of Vampire wine scores high points for originality. Quite the ecclectic, creative mess you have there, Ms. Colleen! :)

Friday, November 03, 2006 8:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Chocolate-scented stuffed bunny?

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Vampire wine-how cool!

Friday, November 03, 2006 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger Anne Mallory soliloquized...

Cluttered? No way! Your desk looks moody, romantic and mysterious.

*looks at own desk complete with bills, cat pencil holder, scrap paper, computer stuffs, chapstick and kleenex box -- booooring*

:D

Congratulations on the sale to Italy, Colleen!!!

Saturday, November 04, 2006 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?