Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My new favorite candy bar.

The cool thing about having three kids (well, one of the cool things) around Halloween is that, as Mom, I get to dig through their loot and--er--claim certain items.

It used to be I got most of the Reese's peanut butter cups. Now I can take or leave them (unless they're in a DQ blizzard) and I prefer Almond Joys, when I can get them away from my oldest daughter.

But! Last night, I found a new favorite. I'd never heard or seen of it before, but let me tell you, it's on top of my list now.

It's Hershey's Take 5.

Pretzels, caramel, peanuts, peanut butter and chocolate! Holy crap--how can you go wrong??? It's a PMSer's dream!

Unfortunately, only one of my three darlings got one.

Fortunately, it was a large size.

Unfortunately...it's gone.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

I LOVE that candy bar. The manufacturers are just WRONG for making it.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I've never tried a Take 5, but I LOVE Almond Joy's. My two only pulled in one of those (and no Take 5's).

BTW, Colleen, the moth was born! I posted a picture on my site.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:45:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Well, you see, Alyssa, I didn't leave the Almond Joy thing to chance. 'Cause that was what I bought to hand out at the door, along with some other not so yummy candies.

So while Music Man had our little Ninja and princess and mummy girl out in the cold begging for candy, I sat in the warmth with hot cider, a beer, and several Almond Joys.

Next year, it'll be Take5s. Guaranteed.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 4:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I still love pure, unadulterated chocolate. Who needs the rest of it when there's chocolate!? ;) Although I do love a Toblerone every once in a while.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

mmm, yes, that's my favorite!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

yum.. i love those.
i set all of them aside from my trick-or-treat stash.. i'll be eating them all.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess soliloquized...

oh my gosh, I love these things!

Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?