Saturday, October 28, 2006

My favorite day of the year.

Today's my favorite day of the year.

Why? Because today I get the one thing I can't buy, beg, borrow, or steal. I get time. An extra hour.

One extra hour! It's Fall-Back Day!

I'll stay up late knowing I get to sleep an extra hour.

I'll watch a good movie, something fluffy, because, after all, how often do I get an extra hour?

Or, I'll indulge in reading a bit longer on a really good book (something I don't do so much nowadays), knowing I can sleep.

Or...I'll go to bed at my regular time, and get up an hour early, which is really my regular time, but it will give me a whole extra hour in the morning to read or laze in bed. Yay!

Or...I'll go to bed at my regular time, and I'll sleep that extra hour. Yes! Sleep! O, she beckons so prettily!

This is my favorite day of the year.

What about you?


(and don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors)

6 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Goodnight soliloquized...

I don't think of it with quite this amount of detail...but, I do love Fall Back Day. It's the day I really feel that fall is officially in full swing. (We can't tell by the weather here, and holiday decorations are coming earlier and earlier these days...)

But an extra hour is always good...

Saturday, October 28, 2006 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Marg soliloquized...

It was Spring Forward day here.....I managed to sleep in b ut now I am going to be running late all day, but I am very much looking forward to it still being light when I get home from work, so I can do things.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jaye Wells soliloquized...

Unfortunately, my four year old doesn't understand that you're supposed to sleep an extra hour.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger MJFredrick soliloquized...

I'd planned to stay at brother's Halloween party an extra hour, but clearly that was not to be. I will write on my new story twist instead.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Back in my bar days, this was always my favorite day - 'cuz at 2 a.m. (closing time for you novices) we got an extra hour to party!!

These days, I'm just looking forward to the "extra" hour of sleep.

Oh, how times change.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

It is a GREAT day!

Monday, October 30, 2006 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?