Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #11

Thirteen Things I'm NOT
Thankful for on this
Thanksgiving Day

1. Gravity
(But only when a full package of eggs slips out of the grocery bag as I'm carrying it into the house. Otherwise, gravity's good.)


2. The person who took my parking place
at the grocery store yesterday

The only other empty spot was at the other end of the lot, way out in the boonies.
And I had lots to buy.


3. Lima beans
Truly. Do they have any taste? No. So why bother?


4. The person who cut me off in traffic and nearly caused an accident
However, I would forgive them if they had a medical emergency and was, perhaps, rushing a laboring woman to the hospital.
Then I'd wish them luck.


5. The man who killed those Amish girls at their school.
I'm still devastated about that.


6. The new Rocky Balboa movie
Give me a break. He's actually going to fight?


7. Paris Hilton

(I need say no more, do I?)


8. Pouring, blasting, windy thunderstorms

but only when I'm stuck without an umbrella and I'm cold...
otherwise, bring'em on!


9. The way the long strap on my purse accidentally gets caught on the edges of things all too often, causing me to jerk back suddenly, or, worse, bump into something when I'm jerked back suddenly


10. Radical fundamentalists
(is that redundant?)


11.
Japanese Beetles
on my raspberries, on my roses, on everything all summer! Ugh!


12. People who don't have families, or who aren't close to them


13. Popcorn without real butter on it
(I mean, why bother?)


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating it!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I actually loved the fact that you listed down things you're not thankful for. Very creative, indeed! Reading through your list, I understand why you're not thankful about them.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger i am jen [with1n] soliloquized...

Loved your list!! Extremely creative.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and Happy TT!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown soliloquized...

Nice idea to show the other side!


.•:*¨¨*:•Happy Thanksgiving•:*¨¨*:•.

from Germany,

S.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TT!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

see..this is why i heart you so much. this is a GREAT, GREAT list.

i especially like #9. :)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Very nice list!

Have a save and happy Thanksgiving!
Happy TT from Germany,
Sonny

http://sweetlikekitty.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger K T Cat soliloquized...

It's not everyone that can tie lima beans and gravity together in a post. :-)

Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger The Cosmic Kid soliloquized...

I HATEgravity! I honestly want to punch it in the face almost daily. That time I was 5 feet away from my design class room to present a set model, and the finished model fell out of my hands and half of it fell apart...his fault. Luckily, gravity leaves the scene of the crime so quickly, or I'd have pummled him.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Nice list. I like the idea of things you're not thankful for.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Yesterday my pom-pom adorned sweater got caught on some sparkly, glittery holiday 'spikes' and I turned and sent a tall glass vase crashing to the floor. Usually it's my purse...

And I heartily agree on the lima beans!

Happy Thanksgiving! My T13 is up at www.alyssagoodnight.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Ah, and don't we all identify with several things on that list.

Friday, November 24, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

Poor Paris :(

I figured Buckeye football would make the list this year.

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Interesting spin on the thankful thing!

Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?