Friday, November 17, 2006

Good-bye, Bo

Legendary University of Michigan football coach Bo Schembechler died today.

He was still coaching when I attended Michigan, and he looks just like my grandfather, so I loved him even more for staying at Michigan for so long, even when other offers came in.

What a legend. We'll all be thinking of him tomorrow when Michigan meets up with OSU for the Big Game.

Watch over our guys, Bo!

Edited to add: This link to a wonderful, moving eulogy. If you don't know who Bo is, read it. Even if you do, read it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne Mallory soliloquized...

:(

Friday, November 17, 2006 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

One of the greats I first remembered

Monday, November 20, 2006 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?