Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Busy day?

I know it's going to be for me.

Not only are we hosting the Big Dinner tomorrow (which of course means, not only cleaning, but washing napkins/tablecloths/plates/silver), but I'm way behind on other things. Such as actually buying the food to prepare for the dinner.

Oh, and figuring out the menu items.

Fortunately, we usually do a traditional meal, so I only have to decide on dessert (other than the requisite pumpkin pie which my MIL will bring) and what stuffing to make. So I'm not too stressed out about that.

But then I realized yesterday that I don't have a big enough roasting pan for my 20-pound turkey, and so I have to drive up to borrow one from my MIL, and we were just there on Sunday. Doh!

And then there's the fact that I'm in the middle of a scene in Gardella 3 that I really just want to finish, but may not have the time to do before all heck breaks loose here.

So, anyway, that's my day. How about yours?

(and tomorrow, even though it's Turkey Day, I'll be blogging for Thursday Thirteen: Thirteen Things I'm NOT Thankful For!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

Cool our TT's will be polar opposites, nice reading.

I should be off doing anything else but sitting here right now.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger The Cosmic Kid soliloquized...

I have to decide what to wear tomorrow out of the very small goup of things that I have that are actually clean....

Oh, and I have a pile of work that needs to be finnished by monday, but I'm trying to ignore that for now!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Oh, I know how frustrating it is to be torn away from something you really want to do, but we do what we have to! Have a great Thanksgiving :-)

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Colleen, hope it all turns out well and that you have a lovely Thanksgiving day.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

What a fantastic Publisher's Weekly review, Colleen! Congratulations!

If you're feeling stressed tomorrow, just think about that!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:34:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Well, I've got the soup made, pumpkin muffins done, all the herbs chopped and the relish tray made...thanks to my Music Man who loves to play sous chef for me.

I get to do the fun stuff (the actual cooking), he does all the chopping. As if it were a science.

Need squash cut up for the soup (it's going to be pureed)? He'll cut it in perfect 1/2 inch squares.

Need herbs chopped to rub on the turkey? He'll make'em so fine they're like dust.

We cook very well together.

And, Alyssa, thanks for the note on my PW review! I'm absolutely tickled!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?