Friday, October 20, 2006

I am so thankful for the Internet.

I've set my DVR to record Studio 60 on Monday nights (and HEROES t00) ever since the pilot a few weeks ago.

The first show was good, the second better...and then I went to watch the third show (which aired October 9th) earlier this week and noticed that the DVR hadn't recorded the show which aired this past Monday the 17th (see, I thought I'd get a two-fer and watch them both at one time). No dice.

Something happened and it didn't record. I think it's my Music Man's fault for turning off the cable box, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, long story short...the third episode was better than one and two, and then they showed the teaser for the episode which aired this week...and Sting was on it.

Sting. (The one guy I'd throw it all away for if he walked through the door.)

Plus the plot's getting thicker and hotter and I'm loving it.

And so this is where the Net comes in. I just watched the fourth episode from the nbc.com page.

And I got to see Sting play the lute and sing Fields of Barley.

And I got to see Matt and Harry almost kiss.

And I got to see Jordyn McDeer kick some old-boy patootie.

And I got to see Danny start to fall for Ms McDeer.

If you aren't watching this show, you should be.

It's funny, smart, literate, and romantic. (I mean, on what other prime-time show do you get references to August Strindberg?) There are a couple great themes that are developing in a very interesting social commentary.

Go. Check it out.

14 Comments:

Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

I began watching this show by default because it airs after Heroes, and I'm too lazy to turn off the TV.

What have I learned? That being lazy does pay off, because this is a great show.

Friday, October 20, 2006 6:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I heart Aaron Sorkin. And you're right, so far, this has been a great show.

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Yayyy! More Studio 60 fans!

As for me...I heart, big time, Matthew Perry.

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

As you know, I'm right with you on this one ... and how dumb am I, I always thought the Sting song was "Fields of Holly"??? LOL!

I heart Aaron Sorkin too! Did you know Harry's character is based on the blond actress from the end of West Wing, Kristin Chenoweth? (Not the one who played Ainsley. I always got them confused.) Apparently he dated her for a little awhile back ... My guess is Matt has his foundation in Sorkin, much like Josh did in West Wing.

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

Alas, I am banning myself from television. Too many deadlines, not enough available hours in the day. And besides, I have to make sure my spring is free for American Idol.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

I haven't watched Studio 60 simply because I don't watch that much television. I am hooked on Heroes though. Love it every week.

I am having too much fun watching old shows I missed that are now on DVD: Northern Exposure, Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Farscape, Titus and I don't want to get addicted to shows that I have to watch every week. I'm happy for Matthew Perry though.

Friday, October 20, 2006 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Alyssa Goodnight soliloquized...

I'm really liking Studio 60 also...I was a big West Wing and Sports Night fan. We record it also, and by the time I end up watching it, my mind isn't quick enough to catch all the quips and banter. We occasionally have to stop and 'catch me up'. It's totally worth it though.

Aaron Sorkin has a way of making the cocky male very attractive.

Friday, October 20, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dev soliloquized...

Colleen ~ I'm really enjoying Studio 60 also. It's one of the two new shows this season I'm watching. But, I'd watch Matthew Perry in anything.

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I love Studio 60 also. My sweet Honey tapes it for me because I can't stay up that late and it gives me something to watch on Sundays. However, I hear that the ratings have fallen everyweek and the NBC is disappointed. It is such an awesome show. Please people I beg watch it so it stays on the air.

Friday, October 20, 2006 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown soliloquized...

I DVRd itbut havent watched it..Now, I have to..Thanks for the posts..Great blog!

Sunday, October 22, 2006 5:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Ok just wanted to add that I am just finished watching show 3 and 4 of studio 60. Awesome

Sunday, October 22, 2006 5:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I LOVE Matthew Perry ...

Monday, October 23, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck soliloquized...

The show has improved and if your a fan of Sorkin's writing this show is right up my alley.

Though your all killing me, ITS FIELDS OF GOLD!

Thank you and good night

Monday, October 23, 2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Ya know, Scribbit, that's what I thought too...until I saw Sting say "barley" (kind of hard to mistake a b for a g sound.

So did he change the words or what?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?