Wednesday, September 13, 2006

To Break Up or to Be Unfaithful?

We've been together for more than eight years.

We met through a mutual friend, and since then, it's been a wonderful relationship. I've never looked back, never strayed (well, once, last year, when I was desperate for some pizzazz...but it was a mistake, and I came running back).

But lately, it's been starting to sour. I feel like I'm not being heard. I feel like it's the same-old, same-old. I feel like I'm being taken for granted.

I have a rendezvous with a new guy today, and I'm excited, nervous, and feeling more than a bit guilty. I'm doing it on the sly, though, so in case things don't work out, I can go back to my old stand-by and no one will be the wiser. (Hence the title of this blog post.)

Except that, well, if I go back, she'll probably notice that someone else has cut my hair. After all, the last time I saw her was in July, for a quick color touch-up.

But I need someone new! Exciting! Someone who'll take a chance. Someone who'll listen to me and who will have an opinion.

But if things don't work out with the new guy, how will I explain this lapse to my regular hairdresser? Should I have to? These are tough decisions.

Maybe all will go well, and I won't have to. I can make a clean break of it.

Wish me luck.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson soliloquized...

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry no longer wants to have the one barber do his hair so he has the son (I believe) cut it.

You should make sure that we all see pictorial evidence of your torrid affair.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Valeen soliloquized...

LOL! This is why I don't have a regular hairdresser.

Well that and I've never been able to find one who does it just the way it should be done. With two feet of hair, I'm so sick of the answer "Well, there really isn't much we can do besides give you a trim."

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I'm lucky that I have good hair. Very thick and soft and it grows super quickly. I've been going to the same lady every since I moved to the beach and I love her. I walk in and tell her my mood and then I let her play. She's created some great styles on me and I love it.

Good luck with your affair! I also want to see pictures!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jaye Wells soliloquized...

This is quite a dilemma. If you have to go back, tell her you were in a coma and the nurses decided to do your hair without your permission.

But seriously, good luck with the new guy. I hope it's a love connection.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Oh, I hate this one. If you have to go back to your current stylist after going somewhere else I would fake a desperate need while on vacation. That way you couldn't have gone to see her, see? You were away. It couldn't be helped. ;)

Or you could tell the truth. But I wouldn't.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

LOL, Colleen!!! Finding a hairdresser you love is the absolute pits! Best of luck on your "cheating" adventures. :)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I just went through this, Colleen. The impetus of my change, though, was the allmighty dollar. I've moved somewhat recently and I just couldn't afford my old stylist anymore.

I'm happy to report my new stylist is fabulous (but ridiculously young -- I mean, she wasn't even born when Top Gun was released :shudder:), the style is wonderful and I get compliments on it all of the time. I hope your transition goes as smoothly.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

I have my hair cut once a year now, if that.

If I'm lucky, my mom is in town when I need a trim.

I love short hair cuts, but despise no one listening to me when I tell them about my hair's quirks.

I gave up on short hair about two years ago.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

HELLLOOOOOO!!! Will there be a big "hair unveiling" blog tomorrow???????

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?