Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Retro Tuesday: '80s Movies Quiz #1

Okay, name the movie from which the quote is taken, and the character(s) and/or actor(s) speaking:




1. "So you lost your job? I've lost twenty of them since graduation. Plus a wife and kid. And, in a new development this morning, a handful of hair in the shower drain."

2. "Wait a minute--he's after you. Who the hell are you?"
"Well, I'm a romance novelist."
"You're what? What are you doing here?"
"I told you, my sister's life depends on me."
"Ah, don't give me that shit. I thought you were donating a kidney or something."

3. "You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

4. "I'm your boyfriend now, Nancy."

5. "Ray. When someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'yes!'"

(All right, I know some of these are easy...but they made me laugh out loud!)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

Here are my guesses:
1.
2. Romancing the Stone
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Ghostbusters

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

I'm stumped on #1 too.

And that line from NOES has always given me the creeps.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

I knew these were too easy, but I loved the one from Romancing the Stone.

As for number 1, think Brat Pack.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Mailyn soliloquized...

I suck at this, especially because I hated the 80's. Well, I still do. OMG the clothes...the hair!!!! LOL!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

OH, I know # 1!

"you know what it is? It's St. Elmo's Fire."

And that's your answer too!

Signed,
Zeek (Child of the 80's)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Yeah, Zeek! You got it! You gals are all too good at this.

Next week, I'll make sure they're harder. Mwahhahaaahaaaaa!!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger Janice Lynn soliloquized...

Number one good thing about having to work...the answer to Colleen's 80s trivia is already posted by the time I get home & I don't have to rack my brain all day trying to figure them out. :)

Loved the Romancing the Stone one, too!!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dane Bramage soliloquized...

I only knew two of them. And I usually am pretty good at these things. It's probably because I've only seen to of these movies. So does that make me 2 for 5 or am I 2 for 2?

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Well, Dane, I figure if you haven't seen 'em you can't know'em...so I'll give you two for two. Congrats! The first person who got all potentials right! LOL.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

#3 is commonly quoted around my house. :)

Thanks for visiting Haystacks.

Friday, September 15, 2006 9:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?