Sunday, October 23, 2005

Concert Cramming














I've had tickets for U2's concert here in Detroit since...oh...April. Maybe March. Whenever they went on sale. I've seen them twice--once during their Joshua Tree tour, and also during their Achtung Baby! tour.

I haven't bought many of their newer albums, so I've been a little out of the loop. Anyway, I figured I'd get the new How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb CD in plenty of time to listen to it and get to know it before the show.

Well, it's sneaked up on me! The show's tomorrow, and I've never heard any of the songs on it before (except for that snippet from Vertigo on the iPod commercial)...so I'm concert cramming.

Listening to the new CD over and over today and tomorrow before I go.

Am I the only person who hates to go to a concert knowing only, say, 50% of the songs?

1 Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick soliloquized...

Once again I have to say :P

I saw U2 on the Achtung Baby tour, too, but didn't buy anything after Zooropa. My son bought How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, but I only like Vertigo. Supposedly they still play a lot of their old stuff, like my favorite, Running to Stand Still.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?