Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I got tagged

...and I dropped the ball.

Why, you ask? Well, here's the story. My dear friend Mary tagged me about a week or so ago. The tag meant that I needed to look at the fifth sentence in my 23rd post, meditate on it, and see if there was some hidden meaning. Well, that simple-sounding task stymied me. I mean, I don't have 23 posts.

I am a blog loser.

And so, knowing that I couldn't respond appropriately to the tag, I slunk into my hole (instead of madly writing ten more posts so that I could play tag--which I love to do) and hid for a week or so.

Now I'm crawling back out, and I think that even though I didn't play tag this time, I can play by starting a new game. Of which this time I will be the tagger, and perhaps someone will have pity on me and allow me to be the taggee again sometime.

So, Mary, Trish, and Jana...consider yourself tagged with Alpha-Meme:

ALPHA-MEME

A - Age you got your first real kiss: Thirteen or so. Freddy G., short, cute, teddy bear kind of guy serenaded me with Stairway to Heaven and then gave me a whopper of a kiss after.

B - Band listening to right now: U2 (going to see them on Monday!! Gotta get in the mood.)

C - Crush: Matt Damon in The Bourne Supremacy

D - Dad's name: Harry D. Gleason, III (now deceased)

E - Easiest person to talk to: My husband, and my friend Holli.

F - Favorite bands at the moment: Ray LaMontagne, always Jeff Buckley

H - Hometown: Near Ann Arbor

J- Kindergarten: Denton School (torn down when I was in sixth grade and attending a Catholic school).

K - Kids: Three...girl (9), boy (7), girl (4)

L - Longest car ride ever: Every time I drive to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan--about once a year. Ten hours. With three kids in the car. When I say longest, I'm not only going by miles...but how slowly the time seems to pass!

M - Mom's name: Joyce

N - Nicknames: Sweetheart

O - One wish: World peace (honest!!!!)

P - Phobia[s]: Spiders, spiders, spiders

Q - Quote: (It's on my blog, but here it is again for posterity:) "The computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history--with the possible exception of handguns and tequila." --M. Radcliffe

R - Reason(s) to smile: My kids, my husband, my new book contract (woohooo!!), my friends, my life.

S - Song you sang last: Point of No Return from the original ALW Phantom Soundtrack

T - Time you woke up [today]: 7:15 am

U - Unknown fact about me: I can alternate raising one eyebrow at a time quickly enough to hypnotize someone.

V - Vegetable you hate: Lima beans. They're tasteless and useless!

X - X-rays you've had: Dental ones, only. Unless you count a mammogram. Ouch.

Z - Zodiac sign: Taurus.


Okay, so, girls...have at it!

2 Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick soliloquized...

I realized that about the 23 posts after I tagged you - sorry!!

And I'm so jealous about you going to see U2!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

God, Mary, look what you started. I don't even know you and Colleen's going to make me work because of you. lol

Colleen - I saw that big long nasty list on my blog but I'm ignoring it until I'm back from vacation. You'll just have to sit on pins and needles waiting for my answers. (ha)

In the meantime, I suppose we both need to do a better job on our blogging or no one will ever read us. Well, except my parents.

Later. Off to DARA.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?