Monday, August 07, 2006

It's pretty bad when

you call up your mechanic, give him your name, he immediately recognizes you and says, "Which car is it?"

Argh.

Out and about in town with my three kids, enjoying a Dairy Queen treat after a trip to the library...and our 1997 Caravan dies. Just kind of sighs into nothingness. The radio's still on, so's the air conditioner and the power locks and windows work, but the accelerator, brakes, power steering don't. I try and try and try to start it again; no dice.

We get it towed to our favorite mechanic (we have three cars; two are older and the third one we just made the last payment on today!) and my Music Man went to try to start it, and it starts. No problem.

I'm not surprised. I expected it, 'cause the exact same thing happened exactly a year ago. We got it towed, the car dealer went to look at it, and it was fine.

Unbelievable.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lara Adrian soliloquized...

That sucks, Colleen! Hope you get it worked out.

FYI, I just tried to email/reply to you about National and group blogging, but my message bounced on my other email. Let me know if you got it or not, k?

Talk soon....

Lara ;-)

Monday, August 07, 2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Hi Lara--I did get your message and responded. Hope you got it! Let me know if you didn't.

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Harper soliloquized...

Congrats on having no car payment!

I wouldn't know what that feels like. It must feel incredible. :)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 6:31:00 AM  
Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

This always happens to me too. But true professionals always believe you when you say something's wrong. We just changed vets because of the move and the girl there said "if you think anything is wrong, let us know. They're your animals. You know if something is not exactly right even if there isn't any hard evidence to support it." You gotta love that.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jaye Wells soliloquized...

Someone needs a spa day!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

Jaye, you are so right!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?