Monday, June 19, 2006

Summer Cooler

Had the requisite Father's Day get-together at our house yesterday--it was also Music Man's birthday, so we did double duty. Had a great time, and 'cause I had such a great time, I wanted to share my new favorite summer drink.

Some of you may recall that last year at this time I did a post on making Designer Margaritas (which, if you haven't tried, you really ought to)...but this year, I was looking for something new. So I found a few recipes for Peach Sangria, and tweaked them a little, and ended up with this lovely drink:

Colleen's Peach Sangria

1 bottle dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
1/3-1/2 cup peach-flavored vodka (Absolut Apeach was what I used; two of those little sample bottles is just about the right amount, if you don't want to spend $20+ for the whole big bottle)
6 tablespoons of frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1/4 cup sugar (Music Man thought the sangria was too sweet; I didn't, so it's up to you if you want to cut back on the sugar)
1 teaspoon (or to taste) of grated fresh gingerroot
sliced (not peeled) peaches
green and red grapes: halved

Mix it all together. Make sure you let it chill for at least two hours, preferably overnight. When you serve it, use a slotted spoon to make sure each glass has some of the fruit.

Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?