Friday, June 09, 2006

Review: Cars

GO SEE IT. Just go.

I loved it. It's Pixar at its best--way better than Over the Hedge, which I took the kids to see a few weeks ago.

The animation is head and shoulders above Dreamworks Animation (which bums me out because I own stock in DWA and not in Pixar...), the story is actually entertaining and unpredictable, and there are enough adult jokes in it that Music Man and I were laughing more than the children.

Surprise appearances by Tom and Ray Magliozzi (the Car Talk guys), Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jay Leno and others are a hoot...and all of the car characters so fit their voices. The animation on the cars make them look and act so real and living. I was really impressed. I actually wanted to hug them!

Paul Newman was hot as an old Hudson...his voice is so wonderful. And Larry the Cable guy steels the show as Mater ("as in To-Mater, without the 'tow'). Tony Shaloub cracked me up as Luigi, the tire guy who loves Ferraris...when his dream comes true at the end, I was almost bawling.

Make sure you stay for all the credits, because they do a great tribute at the end to all the Pixar movies, and to one of the castmembers who apparently died during the production. It was great. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana DeLeon soliloquized...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this was good! My husband has been waiting for it - we're total gearheads.

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?