Wednesday, May 17, 2006

O, Sun, wherefore art thou?

This is about the sixth day straight of clouds and rain. Where is the sunshine we're supposed to get in May?

When I first woke up this morning, the sky was blue with puffy white clouds. It looked like such a promising day! But within a half hour, the sky gave way to grey clouds and a hidden sun.

I'm ready for sunshine and picnics, so in honor of the potential of the grilling season to soon be upon us, I'm going to share my famous recipe for hamburgers on the grill. I adapted it from my favorite meatloaf recipe.

Ready? Here goes:

Colleen's Best Burger Recipe
1.5 pounds hamburger
two slices of bread, crumbled (or stick'em in the food processor to crumble)
1/4 c. catsup
1 cup total: chopped red peppers, carrots, spinach, green onions, garlic (or any combination thereof)--if you have time, cook them first in a sautee pan
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T cumin
1 egg
1 t cayenne pepper

Take all ingredients and mix in a large bowl.

Form into patties and grill as desired. Serve with whatever condiments you like; I'm particularly fond of jalapeno peppers, green olives, and Swiss cheese.

N.B.: These burgers are more delicate than most; they fall apart easier and are harder to turn, so take care.

Let me know how it goes. And let me know if you have any other best-burger tricks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?