Friday, July 08, 2005

The Demeaning of Vin Diesel

The other day I saw the cover for the DVD The Pacifier, starring Vin Diesel as a hardened special agent who is put in charge of a cluster of children.

I was also unfortunate enough to see some of the images from the movie, and all I could think of was why?

Why, why, why?

The last time I saw him, he was looking mighty fine in XXX, and now...this? Whose idea was it to stick a big, hulky (in a good way), hunky guy in a stupid role like this?

And why on God's green earth would he agree to do it?

The only thing I can think of is he must have pissed off a woman who got back at him by manipulating or otherwise forcing him to take on this demeaning role.

Only a woman scorned could have thought up a revenge so bent on destroying the strong image Vin Diesel has cultivated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous soliloquized...

I actually kind of enjoyed that movie. Sorta. Saw it on a plane bound overseas (Hong Kong) so there was nothing else to do (or I never woulda watched it). Liked the kids, disliked the corny secret agent neighbor ending. And Vin Diesel is not on the top of my superman list anyway. My favorite superman in that regard: Al Pacino.

Anyway, it was neat running across your Blog, Colleen.

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger MJFredrick soliloquized...

I kinda liked it, too. It was pretty tightly written. They used everything they hinted at in the beginning. A little violent for Disney, though.

Saturday, July 09, 2005 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen Gleason soliloquized...

I admit, I haven't seen the movie. I'm glad it's not as bad as it looks.

This was purely a case of judging a movie by its case, and it just turned me off from wanting to see it.

But maybe I'll rent it for my kids some night and see if it still makes me think of Vin Diesel as sabotaging himself!

Thanks Mr Nothing and Mary!

Colleen

Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?