Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Second Time's Better

Now that I've gotten past the blush and excitement of my first post, let's move onto something more interesting.

We lost power at my house yesterday when lightning struck the telephone pole in our front yard. Because we have a well, a loss of electricity doesn’t just mean no air conditioning, no computer and no microwave…it means no water. No toilet. No shower. No tap.

With three kids under nine, and 90+ degree weather, this is not what I would call fun!

However, the power’s back (hence my foray into blogging) and all is well. The air conditioning is running again…and, dammit, another thunderstorm is brewing.

Let’s pray for no more lightning strikes, shall we?

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish Milburn soliloquized...

Hey, Colleen! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?